Monday, August 8, 2011

Golbarir Kasha Mangsho at shyambazar panchmathar mor





During my school days in Baranagore RK Mission this was my favorite place for kasha mangsho, as i use to find any excuse to step down from a crowded  201 bus  from Sinthir more to shyambazar. This place never ever disappointed me and i bet neither does to anyone. On 2001 when i left for USA, this place was closed for workers strike issue for few years and somehow i couldn't manage to go there for many years. so a visit was long long due and during our recent trip on 2011 to Kolkata, me,piu and dujoner ma decided to have our lunch there. we saw the new bengali movie of Goutam Ghose" Moner manush" in STAR theatre and then walk thorough the busy sidewalks of hatibagan towards shymabazar panchmathar more.The place seemed same to me even after 10 yr,  small simple sitting arrangement, decorless interior and always busy serving hungry foodies. we ordered and it came within few min, 2 lightly ghee smaerd roti, that killer tamarind chatni, onion and a bowl of golbarir famous kasha magsho simmered in blackish gravy and golden colored sorsher tel. made a quick bite and simply one word: heaven"..."golbari acche golbaritei". After the meal, took some quick pics of the head cook, the restaurant and ofcourse my order. Hope my readers and all foodies will enjoy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment