Monday, August 8, 2011

Shiraz r biriyani


Shiraz, the name needs no intro i guess. This is biriyani lovers Holy Grail, the ultimate ' moksha" to all mughlai food lovers. I went there for the first time in 1988 with my parents, since then made numerous visits for their mutton biriyani . This is always in my MUST TO DO list during my trip to india, no matter how short my vacation is.I remember my collge days when we class bunk publics go to St. Xaviers fest " Xavotsav" and participate in the quiz contest and desperately tried to win the cash prize for a fabulous late lunch at Shiraz. Any way during our recent trip to kolkata, the very next day on Jan14,2011we arrived and decided to go there with my parents, in laws and my wife piu. All of us ordered biriyani, only piu's mom ordered chicken kashmiri and tandoori roti. while some people like to try mutton biriyani with gravy of chicken chap, i always try a plate of mutton biriyani with some salad and lime, nothing else.  The juicy flavor of the meat, the awesome texture of the rice,the taste of potato, the khushboo of saffron and attar from the biriyani creates a divine symphony in my mind. The best place for me for mutton biriyani. I like other few items of shiraz like chicken kashmiri, mutton tikia and chicken kasturi kebab but none of them can compete with biriyani. I guess not many of you know that shiraz serves wonderful breakfast items like Mutton stew, Nihari, Liver curry, dal gost from 7am-10am in the morning.  I dislike all the franchise of shiraz gorwn everywhere in kolkata like mushroom, only the Mullickbazar-park st junction original restaurant is the best and authentic.Posting some pics of Shiraz biriyani, hope all my foodie friends will enjoy it!

2 comments: